Saturday, May 30th
9:00 am to 12:00 Noon
Rolling Meadows Park District
3000 Central Road
Rolling Meadows, IL
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Should I Attend?
- Do I have a clear understanding of my role as a board member?
- Am I newly elected or appointed? Am I a seasoned commissioner who needs a refresher course?
- Do I need to better understand legislative advocacy?
- What is my role in the financial operation?
- Do I need to fulfill my one-time Open Meetings Act training as required by the Attorney General's Office? By attending a boot camp, this requirement will be satisfied.
- How to succeed in legislative advocacy
- How to effectively communicate with your legislators
- The importance of developing relationships with your legislators
- Dos and don'ts of lobbying
Open Meetings Act
- Fulfill your one time training as required by the Attorney General's Office
- Email / remote participation
- Agenda, minutes and records
- Closed / executive sessions
Finance Part I
- Common funds
- Fund accounting
Finance Part II
- Debt service
- Budget and appropriation ordinance
- Treasurer report
- Prohibited interests in contracts
- Exceptions allowing interests in contracts
- Common law conflicts of interest
- Ethics Act: prohibited political activity and the gift ban
Board / Executive Director / Staff Relations
- Respective roles and expectations
Thank You to Our Break Sponsor