Best Friend of Illinois Parks
This Best Friend of Illinois Parks is awarded to a business or corporation that has demonstrated exemplary support of a local park district, forest preserve, conservation, recreation or special recreation agency including, but not limited to:
- Providing staff to serve as committee members and/or volunteers to assist with an agency event, activity or festival.
- Contributing to an agency through monetary, open space or in-kind donations.
- Maintaining significant efforts to provide awareness or support of the value of park districts, forest preserves, conservation, recreation and special recreation agencies.
- Advocating quality of life experiences as they relate to park districts, forest preserves, conservation, recreation and special recreation agencies.
- Assisting with the promotion of statewide park, recreation and conservation initiatives, such as the Park District Youth License Plate Program, Park District Conservation Day at the Illinois State Fair, Parks Day at the Capitol, Friends of Illinois Parks, etc.
This award is divided into three sub categories for the size of the nominated business or corporation. Awards are given for each of the three following sub categories:
- Small Business (fewer than 100 employees)
- Mid-Sized Business (100-500 employees)
- Large Business (more than 500 employees)
There is a $35 processing fee for each nomination. You will need to submit two documents for this nomination. The first is a full description of the nomination, not to exceed 750 words. This full description should be a detailed explanation of the contributions the business has made to your agency. The second document is a condensed summary of the nomination, not to exceed 200 words. This condensed summary is how you would present your nominee's accomplishments to an audience. These two documents must be submitted via e-mail to bjhill@ILparks.org as .pdf attachments in the following format:
- Times New Roman or Arial Font
- 12 point font size
- Agency name, nominated business name and award nomination title centered at the top of the page
- Contact name, phone number and e-mail address centered at the top of the page
- Single spaced
- Agency logo attached as a .JPEG, .TIFF or .EPS file with a resolution of no less than 300 dpi.
- Nominated business' logo attached as a .JPEG, .TIFF or .EPS file with a resolution of no less than 300 dpi
- Supportive materials including newspaper clippings, photos, etc. (not to exceed 5 pages or 5 attachments) must be e-mailed bjhill@ILparks.org as .pdf attachments. NOTE: No hard copy supportive materials will be accepted for this award. All submissions must be sent electronically.
All nominations must be received by NOON on THURSDAY, AUGUST 31, 2017. Agencies must be IAPD members in order to apply.
AFTER SUBMISSION, PLEASE CONTINUE TO PAY THE APPLICATION FEE. THANK YOU.
A Special Thanks to Our Beverage and Wine Pull Sponsor