IAPD Honored Professional Award – FREE NOMINATION!
The IAPD Honored Professional Award is presented to a park, recreation, forest preserve or conservation professional who has worked closely with citizens and the Illinois Association of Park Districts to improve the quality of life for all people in Illinois.
The recipient must:
1) Have demonstrated remarkable talents in encouraging local board members to excel as citizen advocates in advance the field of parks and recreation.
2) Have worked above and beyond the call of duty to promote park districts, forest preserves, conservation and/or recreation agencies in their communities and throughout Illinois.
3) Believe in the IAPD mission and have a history of supporting its endeavors. Examples include, but are not limited to, having assisted with the legislative process, served on IAPD/IPRA joint committees, acted as a speaker at IAPD programs, authored articles for IAPD publications, volunteered at IAPD events, or encouraged board member involvement in IAPD programs or services (i.e. Eagle Eye Neighborhood Park Watch Program, Friends of Illinois Parks, Park District Youth License Plate, etc.).
IAPD Award Nomination Procedure
Nomination Deadline: 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 14th
Please scroll down to complete the award application fields below. The "Narrative of Contributions" is a biography of contributions and accomplishments, which should be sent separately. In that field, please type "to come as separate attachment."
All nominations must include a typed
biography of contributions and accomplishments not to exceed 750
words. Nominations must also include a photo of the nominee attached as
a .JPEG, .TIFF or .EPS file (at least 300 dpi.) Nominations may also
include supportive materials (not to exceed 5 pages or 5 attachments) such as
newspaper clippings, additional photos of nominee, etc. All nomination
materials must be submitted via e-mail to IAPD Public Relations Director Bobbie Jo
Hill. The typed biography of contributions
and accomplishments must be formatted as follows:
- Times New Roman or Arial font
- 12 point font size
- Single spaced
- Saved as a .pdf
- The following information centered at the top of the page:
- Agency name
- Nominee's name
- Award nomination title
- Contact name, agency, phone number and e-mail address (of person submitting the nomination)
Past Recipients of the IAPD Honored Professional Award
2003 - Kevin T. Kendrigan, Northwest SRA
2004 - Liza McElroy, Winnetka Park District
2005 - Alex Marx, Mundelein Park and Recreation District
2006 - Jeff Nehila, Round Lake Area Park District
2007 - Jan Buchs, Wheeling Park District
2008 - Dean Bostrom, Hoffman Estates Park District
2009 - Jeff Boubelik, Frankfort Park District
2010 - Ron Diehl, Effingham Park District
2011 - Ron Gunter, Westmont Park District
2012 - Bobbie Herakovich, Champaign Park District
2013 - William "Bill" Nelson, Rock Island Parks and Recreation Department and Greg Lewis, New Lenox Community Park District
2014 - Larry Piekarz, Park District of Forest Park
2015 - Greg Petry, Waukegan Park District
This award will be presented Friday, January 20, 2017 during the All-Conference Luncheon at the annual IAPD/IPRA Soaring to New Heights Conference.