Outstanding Citizen Volunteer of the Year Award
This award recognizes citizens' volunteer efforts to enhance a park district, forest preserve, conservation, recreation or special recreation agency program, service, parkland, open space or facility. This award is not intended for a park district, forest preserve,conservation, recreation or special recreation agency board member, but rather an active citizen volunteer.
This volunteer assistance includes, but is not limited to:
- Ongoing assistance with agency events, programs or festivals
- Volunteering to help with an agency's day-to-day operations
- Making outstanding contributions while serving on an agency committee, task force or foundation
- Contributing land, art, facilities, equipment, etc. to a park district, forest preserve, conservation, recreation or special recreation agency
- Helping to stimulate community appreciation for agency programs and services
- Working to pass agency referenda through garnering community support
There is a $35 processing fee for each nomination. You will need to submit two documents for this nomination. The first is a full description of the nomination, not to exceed 750 words. This full description should be a detailed explanation of the contributions the nominee has made to your agency. The second document is a condensed summary of the nomination, not to exceed 200 words. This condensed summary is how you would present your nominee's accomplishments to an audience. These two documents must be submitted via e-mail to bjhill@ILparks.org as .pdf attachments in the following format:
- Times New Roman or Arial Font
- 12 point font size
- Agency name, nominated business name and award nomination title centered at the top of the page
- Contact name, phone number and e-mail address centered at the top of the page
- Single spaced
- Agency logo attached as a .JPEG, .TIFF or .EPS file with a resolution of no less than 300 dpi.
- Photo of nominee attached as a .JPEG, .TIFF or .EPS file with a resolution of no less than 300 dpi
- Supportive materials including newspaper clippings, photos, etc. (not to exceed 5 pages or 5 attachments) must be e-mailed bjhill@ILparks.org as .pdf attachments. NOTE: No hard copy supportive materials will be accepted for this award. All submissions must be sent electronically.
All nominations must be received by NOON on THURSDAY, AUGUST 31, 2017. Agencies must be IAPD members in order to apply.
A Special Thanks to Our Beverage and Wine Pull Sponsor