IL Parks' Top Journalist Award
This award recognizes a print, radio and television medium (or individual reporter/journalist) that has provided responsible and comprehensive coverage of Illinois park districts, forest preserves, conservation, recreation and special recreation agencies at the statewide and/or local level including, but not limited to:
- Bringing recognition to agency programs, festivals or other activities through in-kind sponsorships, feature stories and/or other promotional efforts.
- Bringing recognition to park district, forest preserve, conservation, recreation or special recreation agency initiatives on the statewide level (e.g., the need for grant money, Park District Youth License Plate promotion, etc.).
- Bringing awareness of the impact Illinois' park districts, forest preserves, conservation, recreation and special recreation agencies have on critical issues citizens face such as, but not limited to:
- Childhood obesity (creating programming to address the epidemic)
- Youth at risk (providing safe alternatives for youth)
- Beyond school programming (offering a safe, healthy place for children to go beyond school hours)
- Senior programming (filling the need for seniors to address issues of loneliness and inactivity)
- Preservation of open space and natural resources
- The economic impact of local parks, conservation and recreation
There is a $35 processing fee for each nomination. You will need to submit two documents for this nomination. The first is a full description of the nomination, not to exceed 750 words. This full description should be a detailed explanation of the contributions the media and/or reporter or journalist has made to your agency. The second document is a condensed summary of the nomination, not to exceed 200 words. This condensed summary is how you would present your nominee's accomplishments to an audience. These two documents must be submitted via e-mail to bjhill@ILparks.org as .pdf attachments in the following format:
- Times New Roman or Arial Font
- 12 point font size
- Agency name, nominated media/reporter name and award nomination title centered at the top of the page
- Contact name, phone number and e-mail address centered at the top of the page
- Single spaced
- Agency logo attached as a .JPEG, .TIFF or .EPS file with a resolution of no less than 300 dpi.
- Reporter photo and/or news station logo attached as a .JPEG, .TIFF or .EPS file with a resolution of no less than 300 dpi
- Supportive materials including newspaper clippings, photos, etc. (not to exceed 5 pages or 5 attachments) must be e-mailed bjhill@ILparks.org as .pdf attachments. NOTE: No hard copy supportive materials will be accepted for this award. All submissions must be sent electronically.
All nominations must be received by NOON on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7th, 2016. Agencies must be IAPD members in order to apply.
AFTER SUBMISSION, PLEASE CONTINUE TO PAY THE APPLICATION FEE. THANK YOU.
A Special Thanks to Our Beverage and Wine Pull Sponsor