IAPD Leadership Institute
Register for All Five Leadership Institute Sessions for $395 (includes $105 discount) - Register Today!
The IAPD is proud to unveil the IAPD Leadership Institute. The principles offered in this educational series will help you achieve excellence in your role as a board member and help you master personal and professional leadership skills. Board member participation in the entire IAPD Leadership Institute is highly recommended and earns recognition with the presentation of a Certificate of Leadership Achievement.
Session 1 - Seminar - Situational Leadership® II - Saturday, June 28 - 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The world of work is changing, and so are the rules and the nature of leadership. In order to accomplish more with fewer resources in real time, agencies need to develop strong yet flexible leaders. This workshop is designed to recognize leadership styles that are appropriate for all situations. You will be presented with leadership principles that should be practiced by every member of your Board. This proven system will result in moving your agency in a unified direction
- Learn to communicate openly and increase the frequency and quality of conservations about performance and development among board members and between board members and staff
- Learn to create a communication model for all levels within the agency that supports culture change and moves toward becoming a high-performing agency
- Learn to develop a flexible leadership style that is highly skilled at goal setting, coaching, performance valuations, active listening, providing feedback and proactive problem solving
Registration fee includes:
- All Situational Leadership ® II workshop materials
- The book Leading at a Higher Level, Blanchard on Leadership and Creating High Performing Organizations
Registration Fee $125
Session 2 - Webinar - The One Minute Manager ® - Wednesday, July 23 - 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Putting the One Minute Manager® to work turns the three secrets of The One Minute Manager® into day-to-day skills and shows how they work in real-life situations. You will learn that there is no one-best leadership style. Most effective leaders use a combination of four styles - Directing, Coaching, Supporting and Delegating. Learn how to consistently identify the correct leadership styles to help achieve your agency's goals.
- Adapting leadership styles is important in achieving your agency's key tasks
- It is critical to know why and when to delegate, support, or provide direction to your team
- Using the correct leadership styles will enhance motivation on all levels within your agency
Registration fee includes: The book Leadership and the One Minute Manager
Registration Fee: $50
Session 3 - Seminar - Building Trust - Saturday, September 27 - 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Healthy, productive and growing relationships have one thing in common - they are all built on a solid foundation of trust. High levels of trust in personal, team and organizational relationships allow creativity, productivity, efficiency and effective communication to flourish. The ABCD Trust model, a simple yet powerful tool, teachers the four elements of trust that are critical and sustaining trustful relationships.
- Educate and empower leaders to understand the impact of trust within the workplace
- Use a common language to create, enhance and sustain trusting relationships
- Increase productivity, creativity, commitment and initiative
Registration fee includes: All Building Trust workshop materials
Registration Fee: $125
Session 4 - Webinar - Whale Done!® - Wednesday, October 22 - 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Dive deep into the key concepts of building trust, accentuating the positive, catching people doing things right and redirecting energy. The deep dive includes work on motivation and the part it plays in our actions, The ABC Model of Performance Management and the strategic use of activators and consequences.
- Come away with an action plan for developing productive, positive relationships
- Learn techniques for reinforcing positive behavior
- Identify the five steps for redirecting behavior when a correction is needed
- Discover the ABCs of Performance Management
Registration fee includes: The book Whale Done!® : The Power of Positive Relationships
Registration Fee: $50
Session 5 - Seminar - Leading People Through Change - Saturday, December 6 - 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Organizational change is a fact of business life. New opportunities, new products and new business initiatives are exciting moments that signal change and disruption. Leaders need the buy-in and commitment of the people who are being asked to change. Change is never easy. When leaders know the concerns people have regarding a change and the reason why a change typically fails, they can employ a series of strategies and tactics to overcome obstacles. By using the change model that is taught in this program, agencies can leader their communities through change with positive results.
- Positive effects on productivity and morale
- Increased "capacity to change" and an adaptive environment where change is effectively implemented on an ongoing basis
- More buy-in and less time to achieve the desired performance
Registration fee includes: All Leading People Through Change workshop materials
Registration fee: $150
Register for All Five Leadership Institute Sessions for $395 (includes $105 discount) -