Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees of the Association consists of nineteen (19) persons, eight (8) of whom are officers and all of whom (with the exception of the Treasurer and Sergeant-at-Arms) are elected by vote of the membership as Trustees at the Annual Meeting of the Association for two (2) year terms commencing as of the date of election and continuing until their successors in office are duly elected. Nominations for membership on the Board of Trustees shall be made by a Nominating Committee.
The Officers of the Association consists of a Chairman, Chairman-elect, the Immediate Past-chairman, three (3) Vice-chairmen, a Treasurer, and a Sergeant-at-Arms, all of whom serve as officers for one (1) year terms.
The Chairman-elect and Vice-Chairman are elected by the Board of Trustees from among one of their duly elected members of the board at the Annual Board Meeting.
COMMITMENT TO SERVE
The Illinois Association of Park Districts was established to provide a nonprofit service, research and educational organization to advance park districts, forest preserves, conservation and recreation agencies in their ability to preserve natural resources and improve the quality of life for all people in Illinois, and
The Illinois Association of Park Districts Board of Trustees guides the agency in policymaking.
- Serve a two-year term.
- Participate in establishing policy to advance the mission of the Illinois Association of Park Districts.
- Attend at least three to four meetings annually.
- Serve as an ambassador for the association by assisting with membership retention, serving as a model for effective boardmanship, and acting as a leader among the membership.
- Actively participate either as chair or member of an IAPD committee.
- Give financial support to the association by joining Friends of Illinois Parks and encouraging others to become members.
- Sign a conflict of interest statement.
- Annual report of the association’s status and accomplishments
- Annual external audit report
- Quarterly executive report
- Monthly financial reports
- Copy of Annual IRS 990 filing
- Board member liability insurance coverage
- Training, as needed or requested
- Press releases, as requested
- Improving the quality of life and the preservation of natural resources in Illinois
- Developing relationships with board members around the state, great networking opportunities and camaraderie