This award recognizes non-governmental organizations (churches, YMCAs, foundations, associations, non-for-profits, corporations, etc.) that have collaborated with a park district, forest preserve, conservation, recreation or special recreation agency in a significant manner, thereby enabling the public agency to initiate a major capital improvement program, or pursue a campaign, initiative or project that enhanced residents' quality of life and would not have been achievable without this partnership.
There is a $35 processing fee for each nomination. You will need to submit two documents for this nomination. The first is a full description of the nomination, not to exceed 750 words. This full description should be a detailed explanation of the role of, and specific support or contribution from, the organization(s) that resulted in a significant accomplishment through this partnership. The second document is a condensed summary of the nomination, not to exceed 200 words. This condensed summary is how you would present your nomination to an audience. These two documents must be submitted in the following format:
- Times New Roman or Arial Font
- 12 point font size
- Agency name, nominated organization(s) name(s) and award nomination title centered at the top of the page
- Contact name, phone number and e-mail address centered at the top of the page
- Single spaced
- Agency logo and logos of partnering agency(ies) attached as a .JPEG, .TIFF or .EPS file with a resolution of no less than 300 dpi.
- Supportive materials including newspaper clippings, photos, etc. (not to exceed 5 pages or 5 attachments) must be e-mailed bjhill@ILparks.org as .pdf attachments. NOTE: No hard copy supportive materials will be accepted for this award. All submissions must be sent electronically.
All nominations must be received by NOON on FRIDAY, AUGUST 16, 2019.
Agencies must be IAPD members in order to apply.